Step One in Loving Self-CareStart by giving your body a dry skin brushing* using a dry skin brush. In a mere one to two minutes, your skin will feel more refreshed and awake. The benefits are numerous:
- Encourages discharge of metabolic waste
- Stimulates lymph drainage
- Removes dead skin cells
- Opens clogged pores
- Reduces cellulite
- Make sure your skin is dry. Right before a shower is a great time.
- don't brush over raw, irritated skin or over cuts and scabs.
- Start brushing at your extremities, beginning at your feet and moving upward, then from your hands working inward towards your torso.
- Always brush towards your heart to improve blood circulation.
- Do not move brush in circular, scrubbing, or back and forth motions except over your stomach where you can rotate clockwise with the brush.
- Showering after skin brushing helps remove exfoliated skin.
Step Two in Self-Care RitualFollow the dry skin brushing with a luxurious oil to hydrate the skin and replace any lost moisture. Beautiful skin care does not have to cost a fortune. In fact, the best kept secrets are the least expensive and are probably found in your kitchen. Here's one that is a perfect example. This recipe came from an energy healer who said that his wife, who is over 60, uses it. Whenever she gets massages, the therapist always commented on how youthful, smooth, and soft her skin looks and feels. She uses this after showering, all over her face AND body. That's how gentle and effective it is. And it so easy to make. Ready for this? Drumroll please. Just two ingredients:
- 1/3 Rose Water
- 2/3 Organic, cold pressed olive oil
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/21/dry-skin-brushing-benefits-cellulite_n_1811708.html http://www.naturalnews.com/040389_skin_brushing_detox_health.html http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-7955/why-you-should-start-dry-body-brushing-today.html
Sarita Coren is a freelance writer and blogger at Peace on the Skin & Peace Within, www.ediblefacial.com. She is committed to spreading the world about green beauty, holistic wellness, and living from the heart. She can be contacted at email@example.com.