We've already discussed the many health benefits of Hawthorn for the heart, for breathing, for blood circulation, and more. Many of WishGarden's remedies include Hawthorn and can be easily taken with water. But. It's 5 o'clock somewhere, so we thought we'd take it up a notch and provide some recipes for some delicious Hawthorn mocktails and cocktails.
Deep Lung Hawthorn Mai Tai
Photo Credit: Epicurious.com
Breathe easy and breathe deep with this tropical-inspired and lung-supporting cocktail. If you're a city dweller, this is a great drink to serve to friends at a gathering (of course, when gatherings are once again safe) — it's great for rehabilitating the lungs from the effects of dirty air.
- 1 Pineapple, wedge
- 3/4 oz Orgeat syrup
- 3 oz Orange juice
- 3 oz Pineapple juice
- 1 Maraschino cherry
- 1 Splash Bacardi 151 rum
- 1 1/2 oz Bacardi light rum
- 1 Splash Rum, dark
- 3/4 oz Triple sec
- 1 Serving (4-8 pumps) of Deep Lung
- Mix the light rum, triple sec, orange juice, pineapple juice, orgeat, and a serving of Deep Lung.
- Splash the dark rum and 151 on top of the drink, and do not stir.
- Spear a pineapple wedge and Maraschino cherry on a toothpick, and place on the glass.
Kick-Ass Hawthorn Hibiscus Mocktail
A sweet and floral mocktail that supports optimal immune function? Sign us up! This recipe is so refreshing and so great to sip on both with family or alone.
- 2 tablespoons of dried hibiscus
- 1 Serving (4 droppersful) Kick-Ass Daily Immune With Elderberry & Astragalus
- 2 cups water
- 2 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 cup sparkling water
- Several limes
- A few tablespoons sugar for rim
- Boil the water and hibiscus to create a strong tea. Once steeped for 15 minutes, add one serving of Kick-Ass Daily Immune.
- Juice 2-3 limes.
- Combine the newly made tea, pomegranate juice, lime juice, and sparkling water.
- Rim your glass with lime juice and sugar.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
Liquid Bliss Hawthorn Gin
Photo credit: countryfile.com
We love this cocktail because it's truly so simple. Even though it technically isn't a cocktail itself, this Liquid Bliss Hawthorn Gin is delicious straight or with tonic.
- Enough Hawthorn berries to fill your jar
- Enough Gin to fill your jar 14 oz
- White sugar
- 1 Serving (4-8 pumps) Liquid Bliss
- Sterilize your jars by washing it with hot soapy water, and then placing it upside down in a 275-degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Put a handful of hawthorn berries in the jar, cover with a quarter of sugar, and repeat until the jar is full.
- Put the jar on a shelf out of direct sunlight and wait for 4-6 weeks. Patience is key! This gin is worth it, we promise.
- Serve with a serving (4-8 pumps) of Liquid Bliss mixed in. This gin tastes amazing and takes full advantage of the Hawthorn berry's powers. And, when mixed with Liquid Bliss, it can lift your mood and increase your sense of connection.
There you have it! Hawthorn's various body-supporting benefits, and naturally delicious flavor make it a great addition to mocktails and cocktails.
- The Benefits of Hawthorn
- Hawthorn: Berry of the Heart
- A Delicious Summertime Mocktail For Immunity
- A Back-to-School Mocktail For Kids
- Spiced Cider Mocktail
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, or sell any product.