Amidst the warm air and scenic adventures of summer, it’s important to maintain our wellness while adapting to the needs of our bodies (that also change with the seasons). During summer, cooling, detoxifying, energizing and uplifting herbs can help us shine like the sun!
These are my must-have WishGarden formulas that help me feel vital and up for any adventure summer brings me:
- Chlorophyll & Friends: This is my favorite summer formula. Chlorophyll, the green pigment in plants, plays a crucial role in their symbolic relationship with the sun. It acts as a radiant receptor as it absorbs energy from the sun and facilitates in photosynthesis. It greatly supports our bodies as well. It provides nutrients, detoxification benefits, digestion support, energy support and vitality. It also contains peppermint so its super cooling & refreshing on hot days. I put a couple doses in my water bottle and sip on it all day.
- Kick-Ass Allergy: This one is a given. How can anyone enjoy their summer days while suffering from a histamine attack? I keep a few bottles of this laying around in convenient places; my purse, my car and my hiking backpack. The best part is it works fast so if I’m out and about and my eyes start itching and it’s hard to breathe, I know I have relief within 10-15 minutes.
- Rise & Energize: When the days really start to heat up, I try to be an early riser to beat the heat and the crowds on hiking trails or paddle boarding on the lake. I use this formula to quickly wake up & energize my mind and body, especially when I don’t want the jitters or dehydration that comes with coffee or energy drinks.
- Exercise & Revive: For post bike rides, gym sessions and hikes, this formula helps minimize recovery time between my workouts and activities. It supports a healthy inflammation response and muscle and joint health. It can be used before and/or after any activity.
- Party Prep: For the BBQ’s, concerts and late night hangs around the campfire, this is my go-to when I know indulgence is on the menu! Party Prep supports healthy and efficient metabolism of alcohol. But it also supports healthy liver and kidney function overall, so even if you don’t consume alcohol, it can help with indulgence in sugary foods or other not so healthy treats.
So, as summer begins to bloom, it may be time to make some subtle changes to your daily routine to refresh your well-being. Whether you’re seeking a boost of energy or relief from seasonal allergies, herbs can be a trusted companion. Let the botanical wonders brighten up your summer days!
Rebecca Younger is passionate about herbs and women's health. She aspires to plant seeds of inspiration within her community about plant medicine and healthier ways of life. She studied Herbal Medicine at Herbalism Roots in Denver and is a certified Doula through the Matrona Foundation. She is the customer journey lead at WishGarden Herbs.
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, or sell any product.